- The medicines prescribed by the doctor must be taken carefully and all measures applied as discussed. In this way, infections and wound healing disorders are avoided.
- There may be some bleeding from the donor area, but this is nothing to worry about.
- If you still have pain, you can take the painkillers you received at the clinic.
- The anesthetic can cause a temporary loss of feeling (numbness) in the scalp, which usually disappears quickly.
- In rare cases, slight swelling of the face can occur 2-3 days after the operation. This is because the drugs injected under the scalp are pulled down by gravity. The headband can prevent this.
- If possible, do not bend down or let your head hang down. Swelling can be reduced by carefully taking the medication and applying light cooling compresses.
- If you want to go out after the operation, please wear the headband and hat you received in the clinic.
- Please sleep in the first 3 days with an elevated upper body and a neck pillow (about 30 degrees position of the upper body)
- Especially in the first week after the operation, you should avoid hitting the operated head area - never rub or scratch it.
- Heavy, physical activities or even sex can lead to bleeding at the surgical site, so you should avoid these and sports. You can start light sporting activities 2 weeks after the operation.
- Avoid sun rays on the head in the first 3 months. Please be patient after the hair transplant. The implanted hair falls about 3
weeks post-op, but the roots have grown into the surrounding tissue and are ready to grow new hair. After about 3 to 4 months, the transplanted hair will start to grow. It may happen that not all implanted hair grows. This may allow you to see the locations of the transplants. However, these will not affect the appearance. The end result of the hair transplant can be seen after 12 months at the earliest
Risks of a hair transplant As with almost all medical procedures, there are also some risks with a hair transplant. Due to the many years of experience of the surgical teams, however, the risks are very low. Hair transplants take place in a clinical environment, so any medical issues can be addressed immediately.