Donor Region (Donor Area)
Donor area is the name given to the area where the hair follicles required for hair transplantation are supplied. This donor area;
- In men; nape between two ears, beard and rarely chest
- In women; only the nape.
The nape is always preferred as the first donor area. This is because the hair follicles in the nape are resistant to hair loss. In cases where the nape of the neck is insufficient to close the sparseness or opening, the other areas mentioned above are preferred as donor areas.
The first step in determining the donor area is the analysis of hair density. This analysis requires a serious and detailed examination. The determination of the donor area should be performed by the specialist who will perform the hair transplantation procedure.
While determining the donor area; the quality, thickness and density of the follicles are among the most important details taken into consideration.
Important Considerations Regarding The Donor Region
- The analyses and controls to be performed while determining the donor area should be performed with great care and diligence by specialists. Because determining the donor area and removing the grafts (hair follicles) is a surgical operation.
- Hair density in the donor area is important for the result of hair transplantation.
- Grafts are taken from the donor area with the help of 0.6-0.8 mm diameter micro motors. It is an important factor that the root thickness in the donor area where the grafts will be taken and the micro motor tip thickness should be the same.
- As we have explained in detail in our Fue Method Hair Transplantation article, the roots taken from the donor area should be protected by placing them in special solutions. (You can read our Fue Method Hair Transplantation article by clicking on the Fue Hair Transplantation link).
- When harvesting from the donor area, the same care and attention should be paid to the surrounding hair as much as the hair follicles.
- Thanks to the 0.6, 0.8 mm diameter fine tips in the micro motor, there is no visible scar in the donor area.
The donor area recovery time is 15 days on average.
- In hair transplantation, the importance of determining the correct donor area correctly, the importance of the methods and devices used in healthy and natural hair transplantation is as great as the importance of the person who will perform these procedures being a specialist who has received the necessary training and has sufficient experience.
As we have just mentioned, hair transplantation is not a simple procedure to be performed by any person, on the contrary, it is a very important surgical operation. As First Class Esthetic, we are at your service with our expert staff, hygienic clinic and modern equipment.
Our job is not trade, but your health and happiness...