What is iLasik?
The eye is a very important organ that not only enables us to see and discover everything around us, but also plays a major role in establishing a person’s connection with life and strengthening his communication with people. Undoubtedly, the more clear the vision of the eyes gets, the more of the standard of living of the person becomes. However, in some cases, the person experiences vision problems. In order to avoid these problems; Methods such as glasses, lenses, and laser treatment are preferred. The iLASIK treatment method; which enables personalized treatment with the most innovative laser technology of recent years; is a method that is applied without using a knife in the treatment of vision defects such as myopia, hypermetropia, astigmatism. In addition to visual defects, it is also used in keratoplasty and also used for preparing a suitable channel for rings used in keratoconus treatment.
Why The iLasik Method Should Be Preferred?
- Provides personalized treatment advantage,
- Extremely safe,
- It gets better in a very short time,
- Providing the opportunity to intervene even the smallest defects,
- Increasing the life standard of the person by increasing the quality of vision,
- Increasing the quality of vision immediately after the procedure,
- Minimizing the possibility of complications,
- The person has the chance to return to his / her daily life immediately,
- It is a treatment method that enables millions of people around the world to get positive results by choosing.
- Especially people who have problems with night vision or have large pupils prefer this method to avoid any problems after the procedure.
- Visual acuity obtained in iLASIK treatment is extremely high.
- It is reliable as it provides the opportunity to create a blade-free cover.
- It is an FDA approved method that provides the best results.
At the same time, thanks to Wavefront technology, detailed corneal analysis and detection of refractive errors of the eye are also provided.
How is iLasik Method Applied?
With some tests to be done before the procedure;
- The structural features of your eye are determined,
- With Wavescan technology, a digital template of your visual defects is removed,
- The treatment is applied individually according to the data obtained from this template.
People who are over the age of 18, whose glasses have not changed more than 0.50 diopters for 1 year, and who are found suitable for surgery after the necessary examinations and controls to be performed by a specialist, can choose the iLASIK treatment method.
It would be more correct to briefly talk about Wavefront analysis just before we get into the subject of why the classical method should be preferred.
As light travels through space, a beam of light contains a large number of light beams. When these light beams come to a problem-free eye, they are refracted in a 3-dimensional structure and in a cone shape and focus on a point in the retina. Reflected rays from the retina; It creates images parallel to each other, equidistant and clear. All of these images are called “Wavefront”.
These wavefronts appear as,
- Emmetropia in the perfect eye,
- Bowl in myopia,
- Peak in hyperopes,
- Irregular defects in astigmatism.
- It is precisely at this point that the irregularity or defect is detected in which part of the eye and the excimer laser program is reached. In this way, all the bowls, crest,s or other irregular defects mentioned above are quickly corrected safely and painlessly.
- The person is in a sitting position. While the laser procedure is being applied, the person is in a lying position. For this reason, sometimes a slight rotation of the eyes may occur. Visx Star S4 IR excimer laser and iris recognition feature brings these small degree differences that may occur, bringing the cornea to the most accurate position and increasing the reliability of the laser procedure applied to the person to the highest point and contribute to the successful results.
- Visx Star S4 IR system works by detecting eye movements in the most precise way by using an infrared system. When the person moves his eyes unintentionally during the operation, the excimer laser takes control at this point and closes itself directly and continues the operation only after a new adjustment is made.
- Intralase femtosecond laser; It is the treatment of vision defects such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism with reactive surgery. Intralase femtosecond laser; While it provides the opportunity to create flap of the desired thickness in those with thin cornea structure, it also minimizes the occurrence of dry eye after the procedure and enables laser even in people with high eye number. On the other hand, one of its most important features is that; It makes it possible to make calculations in the most precise way. This, again, is among the sine qua non of a successful operation.
- More information and details about the iLASIK treatment method by clicking on the link What is iLASIK? You can get it from our article titled,You can contact us by clicking on the link for iLASIK and any other issues that you have in mind.
- During eye examination and other measurements,